COBRA Continuation of Coverage
You are eligible for COBRA the first day following your loss of coverage for any of the following reasons:
Employee coverage ends when...
- your employment ends (coverage ends on your last day worked)
- your hours or terms of employment are reduced to a benefit-ineligible status
Spouse coverage ends when...
- spouse-employee's employment ends
- spouse-employee's hours or terms of employment are reduced to a benefit-ineligible status
- you became divorced or legally separated from spouse-employee
- spouse-employee dies
Dependent children coverage ends when...
- parent-employee's employment ends
- parent-employee's hours or terms of employment are reduced to a benefit-ineligible status
- child no longer qualifies as a "dependent child" under the plan
- parent-employee dies
When you become eligible for COBRA, you will be sent an enrollment packet. Please keep your mailing address current, as the packet will be sent to the last "mailing address" the University has on file.
You will have 60 days from your COBRA eligibility date to enroll for continuation coverage. Generally, you will be responsible for 100% of the plan cost, plus an additional 2% for administrative fees. The actual costs will be sent with the enrollment packet.
Benefits and Contact Information Upon Separation from Employment
University of Idaho Benefits Center
P.O. Box 644447
Pittsburgh, PA 15264-4447