Simultaneous Membership Program
What does SMP mean to you?
- An opportunity to gain a commission while going to college and serve in a Reserve Component Unit
- Hands-on management/leadership training
- $250/month ROTC stipend plus E-5 pay while at drill
- Annual Training and Advanced Camp pay
- Montgomery GI Bill and tuition waiver
- An opportunity to win a 2-year Reserve Forces Duty scholarhsip
- A future as an officer on Active Duty or Reserve Duty
- Opportunity for volunteer training in Airborne, Air Assault, Northern or Mountain Warfare Training
- Tuition Assistance Program
Who is eligible?
- Has completed Basic Training or equivalent (see Basic Camp )
- Has junior standing at his/her school
- Is physically qualified
- Is under 30 years of age when commissioned (waiverable to age 34)
- Has a GPA of 2.0
- Has four years left on current military obligation (if applicable)
- Is a full time student
- U.S. citizen
Upon completion of the ROTC program, the officer has an eight year obligation which can be served on Active Duty, in the Reserve Forces, or a combination of the two.
How Do I Start?
You start by contacting us at:
Department of Military Science
University of Idaho
PO Box 442424
Moscow, ID 83844-2424
or calling (208) 885 - 6528 or 1-888-884-3246 ext 0 and ask for the Army ROTC.
We will help you find a unit (if you don't have one already) and process all the necessary papers to enroll you in the SMP program.