Army ROTC is a program which provides college trained officers for the Regular U.S. Army, U.S. Army Reserve and the U.S. Army National Guard. College students may compete for a three-year or two-year campus based scholarship during their freshman and sophomore years. The two-year on-campus scholarship program may include scholarships for students enrolled in an advanced education program beyond the baccalaureate level. Students need not be enrolled in ROTC to compete. These applications are due during the spring semester. Two-year scholarships may also be applied for while attending Camp Challenge during the summer.
In addition to the awarded scholarship, each winner receives a flat rate of $900 annually for books, supplies and equipment, as well as a tax free stipend
. If you receive a scholarship and you are an out-of-state student, your out of state tuition will be covered. Click here
for more information and to apply for a scholarship contact our department by e-mail or call us at (208) 885-6528 or 1-888-884-3246 ext. 0 and ask for the Army ROTC Department. Eligibility Requirements Applicants must meet the following basic eligibility requirements:
- Character: Be of good moral character
- Citizen: Be a citizen of the United States
- Age: Be at least 17 years of age by October 1st of the year of enrollment as a scholarship cadet
- Motivation: Exhibit a strong desire to obtain a commission and BS or BA degree
- Officer Potential: Leadership potential will be emphasized as a very important factor to be considered for selection and continuance of scholarship
- Medical: Be medically qualified for initial enrollment into ROTC
- 3-year scholarship: Student must have completed a minimum of 27 semester hours or 41 quarter hours towards a degree and have 3 full academic years remaining
- 2-year scholarship: Student must have completed a minimum of 54 semester hours or 81 quarter hours towards a degree,(undergrad) have 2 full academic years remaining,(undergrad or graduate) and have completed the basic course or attended Basic Camp
- Academic: Minimum GPA 2.5 at time of application and at contracting
- Physical Aptitude: Applicants must pass the minimum standards on the Army Physical Fitness Test prior to scholarship benefits.
As a winner of a scholarship you're required to complete all ROTC classes with a GPA of 3.0 or above, pass the Army Physical Fitness Test prior to the end of the first semester of your first scholarship year, and maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 or above. Upon graduation, you have an obligation to accept a commission and serve full-time in the Active Army, or part-time in either the Army National Guard or the U.S. Army Reserve for a total of eight years. This obligation may be fulfilled by serving three to four years on active duty, followed by four to six years' service as citizen soldiers in the Army National Guard or Army Reserve or by serving eight years in the National Guard or Reserve preceded by a period necessary to complete the active component resident officer basic course.