90.35 - UI Vandal Identification Cards

December 22, 2008 (formerly 80.35)

A. General. The Vandal Card Office is located in the Student Union Building (SUB). Vandal Card Office services include: [rev. 12-08]

  • University of Idaho ID card production
  • Vandal Card account management
  • Meal plan management
  • Vandal card building access
  • Campus vending and food services support

A-1. Hours of Service. The Vandal Card Office is open from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Summer hours are 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. [rev. 12-08]

A-2. Vandal Debit Card Deposits. Vandal Card deposits can be made with cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and bank debit cards at the Cashier's window located in the SUB.  Deposits can also be made through VandalWeb with a credit card, debit card, or a web-check. Payroll deduction is available for board appointed faculty and staff. The following policies apply to all check payments for Vandal Card account deposits and/or lost/stolen ID replacement fees: [rev. 12-08]

  • Checks must be for exact amount of payment
  • Checks need to be made payable to Bursar, U of I
  • A local address is required on all checks
  • A service charge may be assessed on returned checks
  • If the debit account is unused for 365 days or longer, or if the account is deactivated as outlined in E-5 below, any funds on deposit will be removed and the amount credited to the card holder's accounts receivable account. [add. 12-08]

A-3.Vandal Card Debit Account Withdrawals. Withdrawals are processed through Student Accounts Office and generally take seven to ten working days to process. Only one withdrawal is allowed per semester.

A-4. Lost or Stolen ID Cards. Lost or stolen ID cards should be reported immediately to the Vandal Card Office, (208) 885-7522. Lost cards can be deactivated on the web at Vandal Card. When a card is lost, a lost card code is assigned to the patron's account, which invalidates the lost card. A replacement fee will be charged for a lost or stolen ID card. The fee amount is available from the Vandal Card office (208 885-7522) or on its web page (Vandal Card Office). [rev. 12-08]

B. Eligibility for UI Vandal Cards. You must fit into one of the following categories in order to be eligible for a UI Vandal Card. Please call (2008) 885-7522 for clarification or questions regarding eligibility. [rev. 12-08]

B-1. Registered Students. Students can get their Vandal Cards as soon as they are registered for classes. The card will not be activated for use on campus until the start of the semester that the student is registered for. [rev. 12-08]

B-2. Faculty and Staff on Board Appointment. Faculty and staff on board appointment, working at least 50% time are eligible for UI Vandal Cards.

B-3. Affiliate Faculty. Affiliate faculty with a formal affiliate faculty appointment approved by the sponsoring college and approved by the Provost, are eligible for UI Vandal Cards. [ed. 12-08]

B-4. Temporary Hourly Employees. Temporary hourly employees paying into PERSI or working an average of 20 hours or more per week are eligible for UI Vandal Cards.  [rev. 12-08]

C.Photo IDs Required for New or Replacement UI Vandal Cards. Picture (photo) IDs are required to issue original or replacement UI Vandal Cards. The following photo ID sources are the only acceptable proofs of identity, subject to confirmation of validity.

C-1. State or Protectorate ID Cards. An ID card or driver’s license issued by a U.S. state or protectorate (American Samoa, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands) are acceptable.

C-2. Federal Government. An ID card issued by the U.S. federal government, including U.S. military IDs, are acceptable.

C-3. Alaska Native and Native American Tribal IDs. Tribal IDs from Alaska Native and Native American tribes located within a U.S. state or protectorate are acceptable.

C-4. Passports. Valid passports are acceptable forms of ID verification.

C-5. Exceptions. Foreign government issued identification cards are not accepted as proof of identify.

D. Fees and Guidelines Relevant to the UI Vandal Card. The following information provides answers to questions that may arise regarding the UI Vandal Card.

D-1. UI Vandal Card Costs. Students and employees are not charged for their first UI Vandal Card. If a card is lost or stolen, report your lost or stolen card to the Vandal Card Office at (208) 885-7522. Lost cards can be deactivated on the web at Vandal Card. A replacement fee will be charged for a lost or stolen ID card. The fee amount is available from the Vandal card office (208-885-7522) or on its web page (Vandal Card Office)  [ren. & rev. 12-08]

D-2. Other Card Fees.There is a fee for Alumni cards, Staff/Faculty Spouse Cards, and Student Spouse Cards. These cards are not Vandal Cards and may not necessarily be used for all of the same purposes as Vandal Cards. Student spouse cards must be renewed on September 1st of each calendar year and will be assessed a fee. [add. 12-08]

The following documents are accepted as proof of marriage: marriage license or certificate, the previous year's joint tax return with both names on it, or military dependent's ID card.

D-3. Damaged Cards. Damaged cards will be replaced for free of charge when the old card is brought in to the Vandal Card Office. [add. 12-08]

D-4. UI Vandal Cards Not Transferable. UI Vandal Cards are not transferable. UI Vandal Cards may not be lent out or used by anyone other than the person whose name and photograph appear on the card. [ren. & ed. 12-08]

D-5. UI Vandal Cards Deactivated. UI Vandal Cards are electronically deactivated if an individual leaves the University of Idaho, or if the individual no longer qualifies in any of the categories listed in Section B. [ren. & ed. 12-08]

D-6. Property of University of Idaho. UI Vandal Cards are the property of the University of Idaho. [ren. 12-08]