70.08 - Travel by Nonemployees on University of Idaho Business

Last updates August 24, 2005

A. General. Occasionally, UI asks a person who is not a UI employee to perform a service involving travel in UI's interest. All travel expenses may be reported on a Claim Voucher under expense code E5990 [See APM 75.31 (F)] and submitted for payment through Accounts Payable. Payments are limited to established UI travel policy guidelines, and appropriate authorization must be obtained from the requesting department. All other payments, such as speaker's fees, consulting fees, and honoraria must be processed through Accounts Payable, due to taxation considerations [See APM 75.31], Claim Vouchers. [ ed. 7-07.]