Stay connected with your alma mater by contacting your local chapters and clubs. More
University of Idaho Alumni Office - Moscow
1106 Blake Ave.
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3232
Moscow, ID 83844-3232
(208) 885-6975 (fax)
Village Life Around the Italian Lakes
Sept. 27- Oct. 5, 2014 - Download the brochure and registration form.
Experience firsthand the true character of Italy’s romantic Lombard province during this specially designed soggiorno with visits to the charming lakeside città of Cernobbio, Como, Varenna, Bellagio and Stresa along the shores of Lake Como and Lake Maggiore.
Enjoy an enriching travel experience like no other, featuring carefully planned excursions, all accommodations and most meals; overall an excellent value. Explore the history and culture, art, language, cuisine and the rhythm of daily life in the Italian Lake District; interact with local people and unpack just once! This popular program is one of the VILLAGE LIFE® series that immerses you in a comprehensive and intimate travel experience at just the right pace.
- Seven nights in the charming Hotel Regina Olga featuring accommodations overlooking Lake Como.
- Full buffet breakfast each morning.
- Four dinners featuring traditional northern Italian specialties with house wine.
- Welcome Reception featuring regional Italian wine.
Local Expert-Guided Excursions
- Walking tour of Old Como.
- Private boat cruise across Lake Como to visit the ancient villages of Varenna and Bellagio.
- Walk through the perfectly preserved medieval quarters of Varenna.
- Visit to romantic Bellagio, the most famous village on Lake Como.
- Specially arranged tour of the Italian National Trust’s magnificent Villa del Balbianello.
- Spectacular, full-day scenic tour of Lake Maggiore, featuring a private boat cruise to the Borromean Islands and a visit to the splendid Isola Bella.
Exclusive Cultural Enrichment
An exclusive, private lecture about Como history and culture presented by a local scholar and Como native.
- Italian language introduction to basic phrases and customs.
- Specially arranged VILLAGE FORUM® with local Lombardy residents who will discuss contemporary cultural and social topics.
About Hotel Regina OlgaOverlooking Lake Como in the charming village of Cernobbio, Hotel Regina Olga combines traditional Italian ambiance with modern facilities, exceptional service and comfortable accommodations.
19th-century Italian style takes you back to the golden age of travel when the hotel first opened.
By special arrangement, your air-conditioned room will feature a lovely view of legendary Lake Como, and has a private bathroom equipped with direct dial telephone, satellite television, minibar, hair dryer and ample closet space.
The elegant Cenobio dining room serves northern Italian cuisine; and the lounge, coffee lounge and cocktail terrace bar provide ideal settings for conversation and refreshments. For your enjoyment, the hotel also offers beautifully landscaped gardens to stroll through, bicycles and an outdoor swimming pool.
Download the brochure and registration form.