Join us April 4-6 as we celebrate Vandal Moms and 125 years at the University of Idaho. More
University of Idaho Alumni Office - Moscow
1106 Blake Ave.
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3232
Moscow, ID 83844-3232
(208) 885-6975 (fax)
The Great Journey Through Europe
June 15-25, 2014 - Download the brochure and registration form.
Join Director of Alumni Relations Steve Johnson ‘71 and his wife Claudia on an 11-day Grand Tour of Europe. Spend five nights aboard the deluxe M.S. Amadeus Elegant. Experience the Western heart of the continent through Switzerland, France, Germany and The Netherlands, cruising the most scenic sections of the Rhine River.
Spend two nights in Lucerne and Zermatt, Switzerland, with a scenic cruise on Lake Lucerne and rides aboard three legendary railways. The Pilatus Railway is the world’s steepest cogwheel railway. Glacier Express will take you from Lucerne to Zermatt, and enjoy breathtaking views of the Matterhorn on the Gornergrat Bahn.
This incredible combination of river, rail, lake and mountains is the trip of a lifetime at an exceptional value!
- Two nights in the deluxe Hotel Schweizerhof at the foot of the Swiss Alps on the banks of Lake Lucerne, with Swiss breakfast each morning.
- Walking tour of historic Lucerne.
- Cable-car excursion up Mt. Pilatus with descent on the Pilatus Railway, the world’s steepest cogwheel railway. Lunch included.
- Scenic cruise on Lake Lucerne.
- Special Welcome Reception.
- Two nights in a traditional, first-class, chalet-style hotel, with Swiss breakfast each morning.
- Cruise Itinerary Air Routing Land Routing Train Routing
- Rail journey aboard the Gornergrat Bahn, one of the most picturesque train rides in the world, to see breathtaking views of the Matterhorn. Lunch is included.
On board the deluxe Amadeus Elegant
The deluxe Amadeus Elegant is among a new generation of small river ships and features the comforts of a five-star floating hotel. The 62 Staterooms (161 square feet) and Suites (236 square feet) are among the most spacious on any river ship in the world.
- Five-night, exclusively chartered cruise from Basel, Switzerland, to Amsterdam, The Netherlands, with port calls at Strasbourg, France; and Rüdesheim, Koblenz, Cologne, and Mannheim for Heidelberg, Germany.
- River-view, air-conditioned Stateroom or Suite, each with a private bathroom.
- Farewell Reception.
- Complimentary wine is served with dinner.
- All meals served at single seatings — breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and late-evening snack — featuring continental cuisine.
- Tour of Strasbourg’s Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Excursion to heidelberg’s 13th-century hilltop castle.
- Walking tour of the charming medieval town of Rüdesheim in the heart of the stunning Rhine Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Walking tour of Cologne including a visit to the city’s magnificent Gothic Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage site.