There are five types of license agreements offered by the University of Idaho.
- Standard License: For production of emblematic merchandise to be sold by an individual or company at retail. Granted to companies that license with more than six institutions.
- Local License: For production of emblematic merchandise to be sold by an individual or company at retail. Granted to companies/individuals that are licensed with five or fewer in or neighboring state institutions.
- Restricted License: For production of emblematic merchandise for use directly by a campus organization or department. Products produced under this license must not be sold by the campus department or organization and only if it can be considered a "uniform" will the royalty be waived.
- Crafter License: For use of marks on domestic handcrafted items sold to individual consumers via events or direct sales. This license is administered in-house. The application can be found here.
- Promotional License: For use of marks for an approved limited-duration commercial use.