Joe's Pumpkin Pops
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Bake Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: approximately 20 depending on the size
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean in a 9x13 pan. Cool for 20 minutes
- Using a sharp knife, cut a ¼ to ½ inch circle out of the top of the cake. The number depends on how many cake pops are made. Carefully remove tops and set aside.
- Crumble the cake into a large bowl. Gradually add frosting, mixing it into the cake crumbs. Continue adding the frosting until you have incorporated a 16oz can of cream cheese frosting.
- Form the mixture into balls the size of your choice and make a ¼ to ½ inch cut out circle out of the top of each cake pop. Place onto a wax paper-covered baking sheet.
- For the frosting: Place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, soften cream cheese. Gradually add butter, and continue beating until smooth and well blended. Sift in confectioners' sugar, and continue beating until smooth. Add vanilla, and stir to combine.
- Spoon or pipe filling into cake pops. Replace tops. If desired, add a clove "pumpkin stem" to the tops.