Vandal Diversity Dip
By Sophia Dunlap and Rachel Hernandez
The University of Idaho is a melting pot for culture and diversity; that’s why we chose to create a dip that’s versatile in its flavor and execution. This dip can be paired with sweet or savory holiday favorites. No two pairings will be alike, just like no two UI students are alike.
As the nation’s top producer of chickpeas, we chose this famous Idaho pulse due to its versatility. This recipe is easy to prepare, inexpensive, and has the potential for even more versatility through the use of spices and unique combinations. Just like our university promotes and celebrates diversity of their students and faculty, we celebrate the diversity of our dip with any holiday meal. We hope you enjoy this dip alongside your holiday favorites, and most importantly, your loved ones.
- Yield: 7 servings
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- ¾ c sweetened condensed milk
- 1 T brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ c cranberry sauce
- In a small saucepan, heat brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk on low for 5 minutes
- In a food processor or blender, puree chickpeas and milk mixture until smooth – about 1 minute
- Add in cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt until combined
- Place dip in decorative bowl and top with cranberry sauce and mint leaf