2011 Thanksgiving Recipes
This fall, we are thankful for ...
- Another large freshman class, 75 percent of whom are from Idaho
- The ability to provide $125 million in financial aid to students
- The success of 70 statewide locations, such as the Aberdeen Research and Extension Center, which turned 100-years-old
- Innovative faculty, like Dr. Mickey Gunter, for whom the newly discovered mineral, Gunterite, is named
- Our law program being named 13th among 200 law schools for "Top Law Schools for Clinical Opportunities"
- The ability to offer the only doctorate in athletic training in the nation
- More Vandal student-athletes receiving the Stan Bates Award than any other school in the Western Athletic Conference (WAC)
- Producing more than 55 percent of all science, technology, engineering and math degrees in the state of Idaho
- The opportunity to give back to our state and global communities through more than 130,000 hours of service-learning projects and volunteer work completed by Idaho students
- More than 37,500 alumni statewide and 95,000 globally
And most of all, we are thankful for your support. Wishing you all the best at Thanksgiving and throughout the year ahead.
– President M. Duane Nellis and Mrs. Ruthie Nellis