2010 Thanksgiving Recipes
While we enjoy the beauty of the season,
We pause to reflect on the many things for which
We are thankful during this time of thanksgiving.
We are grateful for….
• Idaho’s only national research institution, more than 120 years of teaching, research and outreach
• Dedicated, top-notch faculty – 850 strong – and a 17:1 student-teacher ratio
• 1,585-acre campus with 80 acres of arboreta and 860 acres of farms
• 42 extension offices around the state
• Land-grant mission brings solutions to issues that challenge the state, nation and world
• Second-largest freshman class in Fall 2010
• Sustainable learning environment with 12,302 students statewide
• Second highest number of National Merit Scholars of all public institutions in the Northwest
• The University has a nearly $1 billion economic impact on the state
• Third-year law program in Boise welcomed its first class
• VandalStore opened in Boise furthering Vandal pride throughout the state
• More than 107,000 graduates and more than 100,000 degrees granted
• Increased private giving – giving by parents, students, friends and employees was up 24 percent
• Ranked 68th in the nation of public and private institutions based on areas of research, service and social mobility in the 2010 Washington Monthly College Guide
• Listed among Princeton Review’s “Best 373 Colleges” and among their “Best in the West”
And most of all our loyal supporters and friends like you!
Wishing you a bountiful Thanksgiving, a joyous winter season and a healthy, happy New Year.
Thanks for giving!
Former President M. Duane Nellis and Ruthie Nellis