The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive program designed to fully develop potential gift and grant income from corporations and foundations on behalf of the University of Idaho. Our staff facilitates relationships with all corporations and foundations in order to maintain a system of equity for all units within the university and to comply with all single-point-of-contact requirements.
Corporate and Foundation Relation’s success in raising philanthropic funds to support university initiatives relies on our ability to align with the desired areas of impact of corporations and foundations.
Prior to submitting letters of interest or proposals to corporations, please follow these steps:
- Review Preparing a Well-Developed Grant Proposal.
- Identify corporations or foundations who may share an interest in your project.
- Determine if your proposal should be submitted through our office or through OSP by viewing the Guidelines for Classification of Gifts and Sponsored Projects.
- The Solicitation Clearance Form should be completed and approved by the Director of the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations or designee prior to all solicitations.
- When there is more than one equally promising proposal to present to a corporation or foundation, the Director will seek direction from University leadership.
- Review Guidelines for Counting External Support Toward Campaign Totals.
The CFR staff
and your college Development Officer
is here to help with fundraising activities. Our services are listed below, and you may also review our Locating Funding for your Project site
for more information.
- Review letters of interest and proposals prior to submission to all corporations and foundations.
- Arrange campus visits and other contacts with corporations and foundations
- Provide planning assistance for university-wide multi-college/unit initiatives in which corporate or foundation support is sought
- Research corporate and foundation processes for approach, funding priorities, and proposal submission
- Provide expertise and assistance in grant and report writing