1. Identify Audience and Goals
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- What do you want social media to do for you?
- Who are you trying to reach?
- Who are the best people to spread your message?
2. Identify Key Players
- Who is the best person to represent your group on social media?
- What roles need to be filled?
- Daily Maintenance
- Content Provider/Author
- Content Authorizer
- This may be a team effort!
3. Decide on Tools
- What kind of content do you want to share?
- How often will you be able to update?
- Where will you best be able to reach your audience?
Hint: High school & college students are not using Twitter!
4. Make it Official, Officially!
Register your social media with University Communications and Marketing.
- Designee contact information
- Department/Area contact information
- URLs for the proposed/current Social Media Accounts