Flickr is an online photo management and sharing tool that allows individuals and organizations to make content available to their selected audiences. Flickr can be used to give a virtual tour, promote events and share event photos, create customized posters, feed photos for marketing pieces and Web sites, share information across organizations with multiple locations and so on.
- Be accurately annotated using the Title and Description fields. Doing so will make it easier for you to search through the photo stream later and help other people find your photos.
- Be tagged (labeled with keywords that help describe the photo); this is very important in Flickr because it forms the basis of Flickr's powerful search features.
- Follow the university's organizational framework.
- Allow for use by the university in promotional materials. If you don't want the image used, don't post it on Flickr.
- Must fit within the following accounts maintained by the university: