Your senior year of high school is an exciting and hectic time. To help you stay on track, here's a timeline of when to complete key actions to prepare for college.
- Decide what your college goals are.
- Sign up for the SAT or ACT.
- Visit the University of Idaho campus on your own time.
- October 1: Start your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Get the most money out of your FAFSA by submitting it early.
- Apply to the University of Idaho.
- Find and apply for local, state and national scholarships.
- Attend the Envision Idaho event and preview our colleges.
- Send your SAT or ACT test scores to the Office of Admissions for class placement.
- Research your options for paying for school.
- Finish and submit your university application.
- Once you've received your acceptance letter, check the Admitted Students website for next steps you can take.
- Set up your Vandal accounts if you have been admitted.
- Check your VandalMail account daily.
- Attend UIdaho Bound, if you have been admitted, to register for classes and more.
- Confirm that you are attending in the fall by registering for classes. Your Academic Advisor can help you.
- Review and accept your financial aid awards on VandalWeb.
June or July
- If you were not able to attend UIdaho Bound in March or April, you can attend on June 11, June 22, July 9 or July 23.
Find Financial Aid
From scholarships to student work study, learn about your options.