- Extension fees are nonrefundable.
- You may purchase one six-month extension for $75 per course. Requests must be made before your course completion date. Submit extension requests online, select Forms. You may also submit requests by mail, telephone, or fax.
If extenuating circumstances (extenuating circumstances include serious illness, car accidents, death of a family member, etc.) make it impossible for a student to complete an ISI course by the end of the 18 months of enrollment, the student may be eligible for an exception to the one extension policy. For an additional extension, the student must contact the ISI office within three weeks of the onset of the extenuating circumstance and meet each of the following conditions:
The student has:
- made consistent progress in the course throughout the period of enrollment;
- completed 75 percent or more of the course work which includes all deliverables and exams;
- maintained a passing grade as based on the requirements of the course sponsoring institution; and
- provided supporting documentation when requested.
If the student meets all of the conditions above, an extension may be assigned upon agreement of the ISI office and the student. The ISI office will provide the student with a Course Completion Letter that stipulates the assignment(s) required to finish the course and the allowable time period. The student must provide written acceptance of the contract. No student will be allowed more than three months to complete the required assignment(s).