Detailed instructions for submitting completed lessons are outlined in the Registration Confirmation Letter. Students will email completed lessons directly to the instructor (and copy the email to the ISI office at firstname.lastname@example.org) or they may send lessons via mail. Students may not submit partial or incomplete lessons. The number of lessons accepted at one time or per week is specified in the Registration Confirmation Letter and varies by course. Students may not submit all of the lessons at one time. The instructor will return lesson and exam grades within three weeks after the date of receipt.
Exams and Proctors
Most ISI courses require completion of a specific number of exams as outlined in the course guide. All ISI exams require a proctor unless the course guide indicates an exam is to be self-administered. Independent Study in Idaho sends exams by mail directly to the proctors, who then supervise the exam process and return completed exams to ISI.
Exam grades and instructor comments are sent to the student by mail or email; however, the exams themselves are not returned.
Go to the Proctor Information Form to submit proctor information online or to print a form.
Proctor selection is subject to approval by ISI and the course instructor. Independent Study in Idaho reserves the right to require the student to select a new proctor at any time. Allegations of academic dishonesty may result if a student submits false proctor information or if the proctor disregards University of Idaho policy (see Academic Integrity). Proctor selection information is listed as follows:
Responsibilities of the Student
- Find an acceptable proctor (see Acceptable Proctors below).
- Submit the completed Proctor Information Form to ISI at least two weeks prior to scheduling the first exam.
- Provide the proctor with contact information and keep the proctor informed of plans to complete exams throughout the course.
- Make arrangements directly with the proctor to schedule a time to take each exam.
- Read and follow the exam guidelines as outlined in the Registration Confirmation Letter and the course guide.
Responsibilities of the Proctor
- Receive all exams directly from ISI and store them in a secure location.
- Supervise the exam process in an educational setting or library.
- Return each exam and proctor letter to ISI after completion.
- Follow ISI policies throughout the exam process to ensure academic integrity.
- Educational institution faculty and staff
- Testing center staff
- Business education personnel
- U.S. military education officers
- Family members
- Personal tutors, mentors, advisers
- Coworkers, including employers/supervisors
- Members of the same household
- Anyone deemed unsuitable by ISI or the instructor, such as a person with an interest in the academic achievement of the student.