ISI’s cooperating institutions expect all students to engage in academic activity with high standards of honesty and integrity. Honesty is a fundamental value of learning and the educational process. ISI promotes values and activities to instill high standards of academic integrity, civility and citizenship.
Independent Study in Idaho students and instructors are responsible for maintaining high academic standards and integrity as defined in the University of Idaho’s Student Code of Conduct policy. To read this policy, access www.webs.uidaho.edu/fsh, select Faculty-Staff Handbook, Chapter 2: Student Affairs Policies, Student Code of Conduct: 2300, Article II, Academic Honesty.
ISI Student Responsibilities
- Read the Academic Integrity Student Guide, ISI's Policies and Procedures and the University of Idaho's Student Code of Conduct to understand the academic honesty policy and disciplinary process.
- Submit original work on papers, reports, projects and exams.
- Cite all materials used from other sources, such as e-publications, journal articles and newspapers.
- Do not share final coursework with other students.
- Know instructor's expectations for each course.
- Maintain professionalism in communications with ISI instructors, staff and proctors.
Confidentiality of Student Records
Student records are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Independent Study in Idaho instructors and staff may release a student’s education and/or financial records to select individuals or organizations if that student files a Release of Information Form (FERPA form) with the ISI office.
The Release of Information Form is available on the back of the College Course Registration Form in the Independent Study in Idaho Catalog, or may be downloaded from Forms. The FERPA form is not a transcript request form.
FERPA may be more permissive or restrictive than the privacy and public information laws of some states. Therefore, the Idaho Public Records Law must be taken into account when the ISI considers issues related to student records.