College courses offered through ISI are approved by the curriculum committee of the cooperating institution sponsoring the course. Most colleges and universities, including the University of Idaho, have transfer credit limitations.
University of Idaho (UI) students
- If you are working toward a degree, you are required to approval from your academic dean to take an ISI course. See Forms, Course Approval Form.
- ISI course credits are not included in the computation of a student’s grade point average (GPA)
- can be included in the 48-credit limit under J-5-b, see the University of Idaho catalog for more information
ISI recommends students at other institutions also obtain approval and contact their registrar to find out if ISI course grades will be computed into their GPA.
credit hours are semester hours
- A through F letter-grade scale with the exception of Engl 101, which is graded P (pass) or F (fail)
- courses are approved by the curriculum committee of the cooperating institution sponsoring the course
- most colleges and universities have transfer credit limitations
- 100-299: lower-division, introductory-level college courses
- 300-499: upper-division courses for advanced undergraduates
- 500-699: graduate-level courses for graduate students or students with special permission to register