The University of Idaho is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, which recognizes our compliance with its standards of higher education. Many of our schools, colleges, departments and programs have separate accreditation as well.
Here are just a few examples:
- The Architecture Program in the College of Art and Architecture is accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board.
- The College of Education is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education and approved by the Idaho State Board of Education. The programs of study in education are planned to meet certification requirements in Idaho and the requirements of the various accrediting agencies such as the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The College of Engineering undergraduate degree programs are accredited by the Engineering Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, telephone: (410) 347-7700. The Computer Science undergraduate degree program is accredited by the Computer Accreditation Commission of ABET
- In the College of Natural Resources, forest curricula have been accredited since the Society of American Foresters began accreditation in 1935.
- The College of Science offers a professional Bachelor of Science in Chemistry that is accredited by the American Chemical Society.
- The College of Business and Economics is accredited by AACSB International — Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.