Programs & Services
We offer services and education on a variety of topics for University of Idaho students, faculty and staff:
- Risk reduction education and programming for individuals and living groups
- Gendered educational outreach
- Crisis Intervention and safety planning
- In-depth personalized response
- Information about and direct referral to appropriate campus and community professionals
Do you need our resources?If after reading the following scenarios you feel that you have experienced any of these situations, know someone who has, or have any questions, please contact the Violence Prevention Programs /Dr. Valerie Russo: 885-2956.
Intimate Partner/Domestic Violence
- Is your relationship making your feel confused, nervous, or scared? Domestic Violence (which encompasses violence in social, dating, and family relationships) is about power and control, not love. Has he/she ever...
- Told you who you could see or where you could go?
- Told you what to wear?
- Told you how you should spend your money?
- Threatened you or humiliated you physically, emotionally, or sexually?
- Pushed you, hit you or held you down?
- Forced you to have sex in unwanted ways or against your will?
- Has someone forced you to have sex in unwanted ways or against your will? Whatever happened, you did nothing to deserve or provoke it. Rape and sexual assault can happen to anyone. Has he/she ever…
- Refused to have safer sex?
- Disrespected your words and/or body language to have consensual sex?
- Violated your personal boundaries in any way?
- Threatened you physically, sexually, or psychologically?
- Pushed you, hit you, or held you down?
- Sexual Harassment - Sexual harassment is an attempt to exercise power; anyone can experience it. A harasser wants to force another person to feel or act a certain way by bothering, testing, intimidating, belittling, degrading, or hurting them. Has he/she ever…
- Touched you inappropriately without your consent?
- Intimidated you psychologically, physically, emotionally or sexually?
- Initiated unwanted sexual advances?
- Asked or demanded sexual favors as a condition of your job, school, pay, career advancement, grade, job description or employment decision?
- Threatened to harm children, family, friends, or pets if sex was not granted?
- Stalking - Has someone robbed you of your sense of control over your life? Stalking is a harassing or threatening behavior that an individual engages in repeatedly after they have been clearly asked to stop. Has he/she ever...
- Followed you home, to your class, etc.?
- Appeared at your class, home, or place of work?
- Made harassing phone calls and/or e-mails?
- Left written messages or objects?
- Vandalized your property?
- Waited for you after class or after work?
For more information, please contact us. Violence Prevention Programs 885-2956