The Office of Dean of Students is a department in the Division of Student and Academic Affairs. Our purpose is to support the academic mission of the University and to enhance the personal growth and civic responsibility of students. We take leadership in creating a humane, safe, and vibrant residential campus community of choice. We promote educational and leadership experiences which prepare students to serve their communities and respect the dignity of all persons.
- Students have rights of privacy, due process, and the right to be treated with equity, honesty and respect in all interactions.
- Students must take responsibility for their decisions, actions and academic success.
- Student involvement in the campus and community is a vital part of their preparation to become responsible citizens and community leaders.
- Students are valuable partners in decision-making activities concerning issues that affect the quality of campus life.
- Students are entitled to professional service, advising, and instruction.
- It is our duty to the people of Idaho to use resources responsibly.
To achieve our mission, we…
- Promote multiculturalism through the programs and services we provide.
- Develop leadership programs to help students become effective, ethical, leaders for Idaho, the nation and the world.
- Direct and provide crisis intervention services for students and their families.
- Promote wellness services through alcohol/drugs and HIV/AIDS education, and other activities.
- Coordinate new student orientation activities for the campus.
- Advise fraternity/sorority leaders and alumni. Coordinate Greek recruitment and retention programs.
- Direct the Residence Life program in the residence halls.
- Provide childcare services for students, faculty, and staff.
- Promote gender equity, gender studies, and an examination of relationship issues.
- Coordinate services for veterans.
- Coordinate the National Student Exchange program.
- Administer the campus judicial/conduct system.
- Provide programs to promote campus safety, sexual assault awareness, and assist victims of sexual assault.
- Provide services to assist non-traditional students.
- Assist victims of sexual assault and their families and friends.
These combined efforts increase student retention, improve the quality of campus life, and prepare students
Dean of Students' Vision Statement
The Dean of Students' office is here to support the academic mission of the University and to enhance the personal growth and civic responsibility of students. We take leadership in creating a humane, safe, and vibrant residential campus community of choice.
We promote educational and leadership experiences which prepare students to serve their communities and respect the dignity of all persons.