Counseling and Testing Center
Mary E. Forney Hall, Rm 306
1210 Blake Avenue
University of Idaho
Moscow, ID 83844-3140
Counseling and Testing Center Hours
8:00 am-5:00 pm (academic year)
7:30 am-4:30 pm (summer)
- Students desiring to take the residual ACT test must pre-register at the Counseling & Testing Center (Mary Forney Hall, Rm. 301). Early registration is encouraged as space is very limited.
- The fee for the test is $75.00 and is payable at the time of registration. Testing is by appointment.
- You are not registered until you have paid your fees. Payment should be brought or sent to the University of Idaho, Counseling & Testing Center, Moscow, ID 83844-3140. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Bursar--University of Idaho. We do not accept cash or credit cards.
- If you want to change your test date or cancel your test, you must do so by close of business two days prior to the test (e.g., if the test is on Thursday, you must cancel or reschedule by Tuesday). There is a partial refund of $25 available if you cancel. There is a $10 charge for re-scheduling.
- Please report 15 minutes before the test is scheduled to begin. Late candidates will not be admitted to the test. If you fail to arrive on time you will forfeit your registration fee.
- Bring two soft lead (no. 2 or HB) pencils and a picture ID to the test with you. YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED WITHOUT PROPER ID! If you forget your ID you will have to reschedule and pay again if you want to test.
- Copies of Taking the ACT Assessment for Residual Testing, which contains guidelines for taking the ACT Assessment and sample questions, can be obtained at the Counseling & Testing Center at the time of registration.
- Transcript service is not available. These scores will be reported to the University of Idaho Office of Admissions only. They will not be available for reporting to any other institution at any time. While we can tell you your scores, you do not get a copy of the official score report.
- Call the Office of Admissions (885-6326) or the Counseling & Testing Center (885-5138) for more information.
For information on understanding what your scores mean, click here. This will take you to ACT's website. The information provided is for the National ACT, but the same interpretation applies for the Residual ACT.