These Seeds Meet Your Needs

Get 'em while they are hot at your local Extension office. More

Locations

Moscow

info@uidaho.edu
Phone: 208-885-6111
Toll-free: 88-88-UIDAHO
Fax: 208-885-9119
Student Union Building
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4264
Moscow, ID 83844-4264

Boise

Phone: 208-334-2999
Fax: 208-364-4035
322 E. Front Street
Boise, ID 83702

boise@uidaho.edu
www.uidaho.edu/boise

Coeur d'Alene

Phone: 208-667-2588
Toll-free: 888-208-2268
Fax: 208-664-1272
1031 N. Academic Way,
Suite 242
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

cdactr@uidaho.edu
www.uidaho.edu/cda

Idaho Falls

Phone: 208-282-7900
Fax: 208-282-7929
1776 Science Center Drive, Suite 306
Idaho Falls, ID 83402

ui-if@if.uidaho.edu
www.uidaho.edu/idahofalls

Boise and Southern Idaho

Now:  Idaho’s premier graduate, research and professional development center and Southern Idaho’s gateway to University of Idaho services and intellectual resources.

The University of Idaho opened its doors in Boise with an agricultural extension program in 1910.  Foundations of University of Idaho Boise began in 1953 with teacher education programs that were expanded in the early 1980s to form the Boise Center; a corridor of educational locations and opportunities spanning the geographic areas from Twin Falls to McCall.

Boise Alumni Office Vintage sign at University of Idaho Boise, then called the "Boise Center."
A cooperative agreement between the University and the Idaho Department of Fish and Game led to the 1966 opening of the Idaho Water Resource Research Institute (IWRRI) with offices in Boise, Moscow and Idaho Falls. Engineering courses were first delivered in Boise in 1988. That same year, the architecture program began offering courses in Boise in conjunction with the university’s Urban Design Center (UDC).  

Agricultural extension regional and state personnel and several university support offices were located in Boise for greater statewide access and service in the early 1990’s. In the late 1990’s all university programmatic, advancement, athletics and other efforts in the community were coupled under the umbrella of the Boise Center – University of Idaho Boise. During this time, the Center for Ecohydraulics Research was established, with its director based in Boise.   

In 2001, the College of Law began offering externship opportunities for third-year law students in the Boise area and the Small Business Legal Clinic was formed in 2004. Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling, Dietetics and 2+2 programming with the College of Western Idaho have recently been added.

Today the University of Idaho Boise serves as the gateway to the world of University of Idaho services and intellectual resources. As part of the University of Idaho’s statewide, land grant mission, University of Idaho Boise offers:

Boise Alumni Office The “Boise Center” at its original location, 401 Broadway Ave.
  • Quality graduate programs for full-time students and working professionals in the areas of Water, Natural Resources and the Environment, Community Sustainability and Organizational Development and Leadership.
  • Proactive research for global solutions
  • Outreach for southern Idaho community sustainability and growth
  • Professional and workforce development for economic vitality
  • Collaborative and interdisciplinary work with the public and private sectors and other institutions of higher education
  • Lifelong relationships with alumni and friends to carry forward the proud history of the University of Idaho

At the University of Idaho Boise, we are accessible and responsive to the public.  We serve the region, state, nation and world with distinction.

Date
Event
 1910 Ada County Extension Opens – first presence of the University of Idaho in the Boise Valley
 1930 Ezra Taft Benson, statewide extension Director for the University is based in Boise.  Benson established the U of I Department of Agriculture Economics.  Benson would later become U.S. Secretary of Agriculture and President of the LDS Church.
 1956 Student teachers are placed in the Boise Valley and supervised from Moscow.
 1959 Boise Adult Education Center offers a program of residence courses.
 1963
Idaho Water Resources Research Institute (IWRRI) was established by a cooperative agreement between the University of Idaho and the Idaho Department of Fish and Game.
 1965
Faculty is based in Boise to supervise student teachers in Boise and southern Idaho.
 1979 - 1982
College of Southern Idaho contracts with UI for Vocational Teacher Ed. in Boise & Twin Falls.  Faculty are based in Boise.
 1983
University of Idaho Boise offices move from the Len B. Jordon State Office Building to 401 Broadway (Quonset Hut owned by MK).  The building was leased from Morrison Knudsen for $1 a year.
 1983 - 1986
Significant growth in Boise in education and agriculture programs and in enrollment.
 1984 - 1985
College of Agriculture expands its presence in Boise with Agriculture Communications personnel and faculty in Agriculture and Life Sciences Teach Ed Program.
 1986
Director of Boise Education Programs is hired.
 1987 - 1989
The Board of Regents directs Boise State University and the University of Idaho to collaborate on a joint proposal to expand engineering courses in Boise.  A director and faculty were hired for the Boise Engineering program and were located on the BSU campus.
 1988
College of Education faculty and staff relocate to the Morrison Knudsen building at 800 Park Center.
 1988
HP and Micron each donate $100,000 to fund the collaborative effort in Boise between UI and BSU.  The legislature provides permanent funding in 1989.
 1988 - 1994
Expansion of education, agriculture and engineering programs and addition in Boise of University personnel in recruitment, alumni relations and Vandal Booster support.
 1995
Degrees were officially conferred in Boise at the first Boise Commencement ceremony.
 1995
Special Assistant to the President to work with governmental relations hired to work in Boise.
 1995 - 1996
The State Board of Education directs BSU to develop its own undergraduate engineering degree program.  The UI Engineering program in Boise moves from BSU to the MK Plaza Building and focuses on graduate engineering programs.
 1996
Medical Education – WWAMI Clinical Medical Education begins in Boise.  (WWAMI established in 1976)
 1998
The architecture program begins offering courses in Boise.  The Urban Design is established.
 1999
Boise Higher Education Center Organized and a Center Director hired.
 2001
University of Idaho appoints dean level leadership at each of it's Higher Education centers (Boise, Idaho Falls, Coeur d'Alene).
 2001
The College of Engineering establishes the Center for Ecohydraulic Research (CER).
 2004
Idaho Water Center facility built and University of Idaho Boise programs are relocated.
 2004
The College of Law forms the Small Business Legal Clinic.
 2010
The College of Law begins delivering 3rd year of instruction to students in Boise.
 2011
Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling program expanded into Boise at direction of State Board and with support from the State Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.  Vocational Rehab Assistive Technology Center expanded.
 2012
University of Idaho Dietetics students have the option to complete the required senior year of supervised practice in Boise.
 2014
Agricultural Science, Communication and Leadership 2+2 program begins with College of Western Idaho.